How to choose your mature skin cream?
THE mature skin need specific care: which ingredients to target? What assets to research ? Focus on tips for choosing the right one cream for mature skin !
After 55 years, the skin experiences a hormonal upheaval. She can then lose glow, in density and become more dried. This is why it requires moisturizing care, specially formulated for its needs! So how do you find a day cream suitable for mature skin ? What ingredients to look for? What compositions should you avoid? We give you all our secrets for choosing a cream that meets the needs of your mature skin !
What are the problems that mature skin faces?
The skin aging results in smoother skin relaxed, more fragile, prone to wounds and tears. Mature skin can also suffer elastosis : this is a degeneration of the elastic tissue which constitutes the skin. Pigmentation problems are also often observed with age: we then see the appearance of freckles, redness, brown spots…In addition, the vascular signs can be more numerous: we observe what we call “venous lakes ”, which are purple-colored lesions generally located on the lips. Finally, when the skin is mature, it also becomes more dried, and this crackle easier. Appropriate care is therefore necessary!
Treatments with maximum hydration
THE lipids are vital elements that contribute to the balance of the skin. They are what ensure the density and cohesion of the cells of the stratum corneum skin. At menopause, these lipids run out: this is the reason why your skin loses water, and becomes less supple, less elastic and less resistant.
To act against this problem, you must therefore ensure that you limit the deficiencies, but also to opt for treatments that boost the natural production of lipids. THE essential fatty acids as omegas 3, 6 and 9 are powerful allies here, which will ensure good cohesion between the cells of the epidermis.
Some assets to look for
Several assets will help you find the care for mature skin ideal :
- Hyaluronic acid : The hydrate the skin in depth (it is capable of retaining 1000 times its weight in water), plumps it up, smoothes wrinkles and fine lines, and regulates the sebum production ;
- Niacinamide : it helps to fight against skin aging (especially fine lines and wrinkles) and to maintain its hydration. She fights discoloration skin, redness, irritation and inflammation;
- The palmitoyl tetrapeptidapeptide-7 : this active ingredient widely used in cosmetics is known to trigger the regeneration of collagen fibers in the skin. By applying it regularly, morning and evening, the appearance of the skin can be improved, smoothed and plumped. This active ingredient also restores hydration and reduces roughness of the skin, the fine lines and wrinkles ;
- The retinol : it is renowned for fighting against wrinkles and reduce brown spots. Be careful, however: it is not suitable for sensitive skins because it can irritate the skin;
- The bakuchiol : it is the natural alternative to retinol. It is extracted from the leaves and seeds of a plant called chapter. It's a anti-aging which is suitable for all skin types. It prevents fine lines, damage caused by free radicals, it brightens the complexion, minimizing the appearance of Brown stains, areas to hyperpigmentation and dark circles;
- The squalane végatale : this active ingredient prevents dehydration and protects the skin by forming a hydrolipidic film. Treatments for mature skin that contain squalane rebalance the natural skin oils, and give it a smooth appearance;
- Allantoin : with age, the production of collagen decreases, which tends to promote the appearance of wrinkles. This active ingredient stimulates fibroblasts, cells responsible for the production of collagen, and therefore helps fight against the signs of skin aging ;
- The vitamins C : she has antioxidant properties and offers a intense shine to the skin.
How to use a cream for mature skin?
Apply your crème for mature skin on your makeup-free, clean and dry face. Place the product in massaging your skin so circular always towards the outside, without forgetting the neck. This method allows you to do circulate the blood more easily and therefore optimize the cell regeneration.
For the eye area, use a specially adapted treatment: in this area of the face, the skin is thinner and more fragile, it therefore requires the use of a eye contour gel.
Apply your cream for mature skin morning and evening.
Be careful with exfoliation of mature skin
Since it eliminates dead skin, l’exfoliation allows the skin to better regenerate and regain its radiance. This type of treatment also revives the microcirculation and boosts cell renewal. Exfoliation also allows your cream for mature skin to better penetrate your face, so that it is as effective as possible!
The scrub, or exfoliating treatment, must be practiced with reason: do not overdo it, and do it about once a week, no more! If you make skin exfoliations too frequently, you risk to irritate and of weaken the skin.
A composition without harmful ingredients
More the skin ages, the more fragile it is, and sensitive to irritants. So that your cream for mature skin take care of yourself, observe its composition, and avoid harmful products such as phenoxyethanol, parabens, silicones, PEGs, irritant ingredients, allergens, comedogenic ingredients, petroleum derivatives, endocrine disruptors, pollutants or even products of animal origin.
The Grangettes Switerland anti-ageing face cream suitable for sensitive skin, and is formulated without harmful products. It is also labeled PETA Cruelty Free and Vegan, so that you can opt for ethical care, which takes care of you and nature!