What cosmetic treatments should you choose when you have atopic skin?
atopic-prone skin is characterized by significant skin dryness, redness, patches, scales, itching. So, to hydrate your skin and soothe it, what cosmetic treatments should you choose?
We tell you everything!
What is atopic skin?
The atopic dermatitis is a chronic inflammatory disease skin. It is due to a imm response anomalyinnity and a deficiency of skin barrier.
Generally, the disease begins in early childhood, between 6 and 11 years of age, and can persist into adulthood. It's a severe form of eczema which is characterized by:
- Of the intense itching;
- Of the redness;
- Of the recurrent skin lesions.
The scraping intensifies l'irritation and leads to a real painful vicious circle. Blisters can then form, ooze, and create scabs. These lesions can be the source of the entry of bacteria and cause superinfection. There atopic dermatitis is a disease which progresses in outbreaks, and which can therefore lead to sleeping troubles and poor quality of life.
Atopic-prone skin: definition
There are skins to atopic tendency : this term refers to very sensitive skin which suffers from diffuse attacks in adulthood. We then observe dry patches, flaking, eczema flare-ups or hives. Benign forms also exist: the skin does not develop eczema, but presents a form of severe and persistent drought.
While atopic dermatitis is a genetic disease, it is important to note that the stress can also be an important factor in atopic flare-ups.
Contact eczema: the allergens responsible
THE symptoms of contact eczema are the same as those of theatopic eczema. The difference lies in the trigger for the flare-up: with contact eczema, a allergen very specific can be identified. It can be present in cosmetics, medicines, jewelry, clothing, etc. The crisis occurs in a localized or generalized manner.
What parts of the body are affected by atopic dermatitis?
Several parts of the body can be affected by eczema, whether atopic or contact. We can then observe pushes on the scalp, face, arms, legs, eyelids. Some people also have eczema on their feet, stomach, and back.
Soothe atopic skin in babies
In case of atopic dermatitis at the Babe, the pediatrician pays attention to two aspects:
- Increase hydration of the skin: the skin dryness is treated with moisturizing or emollient creams which soften the skin tissues;
- Treat inflammation : it is treated with topical corticosteroid ointments.
For bathing, it is essential to avoid soaps that are too drying. Bath oils will be much more suitable and will take care of your baby's skin.
Choose the composition of your cosmetic care carefully
Face cream, body milk, makeup remover, facial cleanser, serum : if you have a atopic-prone skin, be sure to choose cosmetics whose composition is 100% clean !
Please ensure that the following components are excluded from the ingredient list: phenoxyethanol, parabens, silicones, PEGs, irritants, allergens, comedogenic ingredients, petroleum derivatives, endocrine disruptors, pollutants. You can control the list using the cosmetic analysis applications like Yuka, EWG, Cleanbeauty or even Incibeauty.
Cosmetic products Grangettes Switzerland follow a strict quality charter and exclude all controversial and harmful components, without compromising their sensoriality, quality and effectiveness.
The importance of daily hydration of the body
A atopic skin is characterized by an extremely sec and a movie poor quality hydrolipid. However, it is this film that protects the skin. Result: the immune system overreacts to external attacks and causes inflammation unsuitable, which triggers the symptoms of eczema. This is why it is essential to hydrate your skin every day in depth.
This little daily routine allows you to reduce the frequency of eczema flare-ups and protect your skin as best as possible. Even outside of crises, maintain good reflexes and hydrate your skin with a regenerating body milk. Moisturizing and soothing, it contains hyaluronic acid micro-fragmented, which maintains the integrity of the skin structure and regulates its hydration.
Which facial cleanser for atopic skin?
Avoid it Savon, which dries the skin. Opt for one purifying facial cleansing gel and moisturizing. The moisturizing action of wheat protein of this treatment improves skin elasticity, for more supple skin, ready to receive moisturizer!
Which face cream for atopic skin?Turn to a soothing face cream who has powerful moisturizing active ingredients :
- hyaluronic acid : he has hygroscopic properties and acts like a molecular sponge. It retains almost 1000 times its weight in water : your skin is more hydrated and more smooth.
- The squalane (olive): it restores the hydrolipidic film damaged atopic skin, and promotes the creation of a film on the surface of the skin. This protective barrier helps the epidermis to protect itself from dirt, pollution and all external aggressions while preventing the process of dehydration.
- Allantoin (comfrey): it has healing properties, and is an ally for fragile skin. It is recommended for skin prone to irritation, sensitive skin and reactive skin.
- The betaine (beetroot): it’s a moisturizing ingredient which controls the balance of water in the epidermis. It increases the water content of the upper layers of the skin and strengthens the skin barrier.