How to reduce facial redness and soothe the skin?
THE facial redness may be due to skin problems, allergies to certain cosmetic ingredients, or poor hydration. Find out how to adapt your beauty routine For soothe your face and keep them away redness and irritation.
THE facial redness often affect sensitive skin, and can have many origins, such as allergies, rosacea, endocrine disorders, sensitivity to cold or heat, or even poor hydration... So, how to choose your cosmetic products when you suffer from facial redness? What routine to follow to take care of your skin and avoid tightness and irritation ?
We tell you everything!
Causes of skin redness
THE redness on the skin can have many origins. They can firstly be the result of allergic reactions to some cosmetic ingredients. You then observe a skin reaction, sometimes accompanied by itching.
In vskin aging can also be the cause of the appearance of redness. Indeed, the skin texture changes with age, which means adapting your beauty routine year after year. When it no longer suits the skin, imperfections can appear.
Redness can also be due to hereditary problems. If your skin is “ vaso-reactive », she is more sensitive than average, and needs gentle care.
If the redness on the face are accompanied by other symptoms, this may be a sign that there is a skin problem most important :
- Rosacea or rosacea : it's a skin illness which goes through periods of attenuation and relapse. Redness may appear due to stress, consumption of alcohol or spicy foods, or exposure to the sun. Rosacea is sometimes accompanied by hot flashes;
- Endocrine disorders : when the body produces too much or too little of a hormone, internal communication is disrupted. This high or low production of the hormone can lead to stress, high blood pressure or widening of blood vessels, which are the cause of flushing and therefore redness;
- Atopic dermatitis (or eczema) : It's about a chronic skin condition which causes itching. It is caused by genetic and environmental factors. Eczema causes itching. When you scratch, l’inflammation gets worse, and skin infections may appear.
What skincare routine to avoid redness?
For avoid redness, you must opt for a care routine which strengthens the skin barrier. THE cosmetic products that you choose have a central role. If your skin blushes easily, if it dries out, and if it is sensitive, here is the routine to follow:
- Use a makeup remover lotion Who soothes your skin, and which is composed of gentle ingredients, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, which do not irritate the eye area ;
- Choose one face purifying gel composed of natural, gentle and moisturizing ingredients;
- Apply a soothing face cream which takes care of your skin in depth without attacking it, providing it with freshness and hydration on a daily basis;
- If your skin needs a dose extra hydration, you can opt for a serum protective face which contains vitamin C and moisturizing active ingredients.
Tip: to soothe your fragile skin, and fight against sensations of tightness, you can store your cool cosmetic products, in order to relieve the epidermis at the time of application.
What ingredients should you avoid to avoid redness?
In order to to avoid skin redness, the composition of your cosmetic care is very important. You must avoid aggressive ingredients, and keep products from the petrochemicals, irritant ingredients, PEGs, silicones, comedogenic ingredients, endocrine disruptors, and ingredients of animal origin. THE cosmetic analysis applications will help you make your choice!
Opt for one brand which is committed to banning this type of ingredient for its entire range of products, such as Grangettes Switzerland. You will be able to choose your products with complete confidence, even if your skin is sensitive.
How to clean your skin when you have skin redness?
The cleaning phase is essential when you have skin prone to redness. Start by moistening, then use a face purifying gel. Apply the cleanser using gentle circular motions. Avoid pressing, so as not to irritate the skin. Rinse with clean water, then gently dry your face patting with a clean cloth. Then apply your Soothing cream.
Be careful with scrubs
THE scrubs and l’exfoliation help your skin get rid of dead cells. If you have skin hypersensitive, subject to redness, THE scrubs too frequent can be your enemy. They can cause irritations and should be used sparingly in your skincare routine. Exfoliate once every 15 days to take care of your skin without damaging it.
The choice of soothing ingredients
If you have the skin sensitive to redness, several soothing ingredients accompany you:
- The wheat protein : it has a strengthening and beautifying effect on the skin;
- The vegetable squalane : this active ingredient prevents dehydration and protects the skin by forming a hydrolipidic film ;
- Hyaluronic acid : it moisturizes the diapers upper parts of the epidermis, reduces redness, tightness of the skin and feelings of irritation. It accelerates the cell renewal at the level of the lower layer of the epidermis, and thus repairs the skin barrier day after day ;
- Aloe vera : it is a soothing, healing and protective plant, which takes care of your skin, while reducing redness ;
- Allantoin : this ingredient is recognized for its anti-irritant virtues, as well as to calm redness ;
- Glycerin : it is often found in moisturizing products, because it favors skin hydration. It is a plant-derived ingredient and humectant that attracts and retains water.
Ready to reduce your facial redness and soothe your skin?