How to choose a face cream for dry skin?
If you have the dry skin, the choice of your face cream should not be done at random: find out how to choose a cream that has powerful moisturizing active ingredients.
The dry skin is characterized by a hydro-lipid deficiency. It lacks hydration, therefore water, in the outermost layer outer part of the epidermis. The protective film present on the surface of the skin, which is composed of a mixture of fatty acids and water, is weakened. To rehydrate your skin, face cream for dry skin is essential! But then, how to choose it? Which ingredients to favor? Which ones to avoid when you have dry skin ? We tell you everything!
The characteristics of dry skin
When the skin is dried, she loses her ability to retain water. THE lipids surface area are produced in smaller quantities, and no longer form a homogeneous barrier. The consequences on the skin are then significant: external attacks and the agents irritants, like the allergens and the pollution penetrate more easily into the epidermis. Your skin is reactive, she blushes, feels tight, and is more vulnerable.
This feeling of tightness and dryness is present even after the shower. The texture of the skin is refined, it lacks suppleness, and we observe red zones, Sometimes rough. With dry skin, rides d’expression are more visible, and the complexion is lacking of brilliance. The skin crackle and becomes less gentle touch.
Causes of dry skin
Many factors can cause a dry skin :
- A prolonged exposure to the sun for years ;
- A very limestone ;
- And air too dry : humidity levels that are too low can be caused by radiators, air conditioning, auxiliary heating or even fireplaces;
- A personal hygiene too intensive: hot baths and soaps eliminate the protective fatty film on the epidermis;
- A feed low in essential fatty acids or zinc;
- The stress ;
- Of the variations hormonales important (puberty, pregnancy, menopause, etc.);
- Of the diseases : among the best known, we find thyroid disorders (hypothyroidism), psoriasis, eczema (atopic dermatitis), biliary problems, anorexia, or even diabetes...;
- Of the drug treatments : certain treatments against acne, some diuretics, certain medications against prostate problems, or even medications for local application that contain the alcohol.
The importance of finding the right products to moisturize the skin
Some products moisturizing cosmetics intervene on the root cause of dryness of the skin. Thanks to their assets, they are then able to fight against water loss at the level of the epidermis. They also decrease discomfort that you feel on the skin, which can sometimes peel, crack, And scratch.
But that’s not all: the ultra-hydrating cosmetics also promote the restoration from lipid structure in the epidermis : the opportunity to find an effective and homogeneous protective skin barrier.
Analyze the moisturizing active ingredients of the cream
For a moisturizer which acts perfectly on the dry skins, you must analyze the assets present on the list of ingredients.
Your best allies?
- Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid : it allows to moisturize the skin in depth, to plump it up, to smooth the wrinkles and fine lines, but also to regulate the production of sebum ;
- The squalane : This vegetable lipid is ideal for guaranteeing good hydration of the skin, as it strengthens the hydrolipid barrier. It has softening and softening properties: a real plus for enhancing dry and dehydrated skin;
- L’Allantoin : it is a soothing active ingredient, which has healing properties. Moisturizing, it maintains the film hydrolipidic cutaneous and makes the skin supple and soft. Also soothing and anti-inflammatory, it is ideal for combating irritations skin. It is therefore ideal for reactive, fragile, sensitive skin.
A cream well rated on Smartphone applications
THE dry skins need of ingredients quality. To take care of these fragile epidermis, face creams must necessarily exclude controversial ingredients, such as parabens, silicones, pegs, irritants, allergens, comedogenic ingredients (which clog pores and cause pimples), petroleum derivatives, endocrine disruptors, or even pollutants.
To be sure you are making the right choice, turn to moisturizing creams validated by the cosmetic analysis applications. The latter decipher the INCI (international nomenclature of cosmetic ingredients) ingredient lists of the products in the smallest detail, then assign them a rating based on the presence or absence of contested components.
To find out if a moisturizing cream for dry skin is well rated, simply scan the barcode of the cosmetic product: the application then provides you with information on the ingredients used, on their toxicity potential and on their level d'irritation. An essential ally if you have fragile skin!
The plus: a dry skin face cream certified by PETA
For a special face cream for dry skin quality, and ethics, turn to brands that have the label PETA Cruelty Free and Vegan. You can then be certain that no ingredient of animal origin or that has been tested on animals is used in the composition of the product.
Grangettes Switzerland: which creams for hydrated skin?
For deeply moisturize your skin, THE cosmetic products Grangettes Switzerland use quality assets, such as hyaluronic acid, the squalane or, Allantoin.
To combat dry skin, you can count on:
- The soothing face cream : it strengthens the epidermal structure, and effectively combats the problems of overproduction of sebum, redness, dryness;
- The anti-aging face cream : it structures and reconstitutes the extracellular matrix of the skin. Use it morning and evening, on dry, clean skin.